Tuesday 2 April 2013

Mad science party cookies





















Some time ago I was asked to make cookies for a mad science party. It was for six year old boys and the brief was to impress them! This was quite tough as I only have girl children, and I know how hard they are to impress. So I started with flavours, chocolate, as a given and then some popping candy thrown into the mix.
I thought about creating a jigsaw of beakers and Bunsen burners and then decided to make test tubes. But I didn't stop there, oh no, if there is a rod to make for my back I go all out. So, I also made the test tube racks.


















With two layers of cookie, a filling of ganache and popping candy and then a fondant cover, these cookies became beasts. I hope the boys were impressed by the size if nothing else!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment