Sunday 29 April 2012

Bath



Here are some more pictures I want to share with you from my friend's hen party weekend in Bath.
If you have never visited Bath you really should. It is a fairly small city ,so easily walkable and there is the most beautiful architecture and history.



















But of course, the day started with cake and hot chocolate, as all good days should.














Then once we had our sugar fill we wandered around the fabulous shops.
I visited the Makery (on the left) with a couple of friends, one of which was Marie from Heartfelt Handmade. We went a little doolally in the shop with all their beautiful trims and sewing paraphernalia. I purchased a fairly large amount of ribbon. Some of which is to use on my friend's wedding cake and some for a cake Marie has ordered, which I though was very appropriate.


For a special hen party treat, we were taken to a different Makery building. Led up a twisty staircase, to a fairly small intimate room and given a life drawing session! It was great fun, I really enjoyed the life drawing exercises, they took me back to my college years and made me want to take it up again!


xxx

5 comments:

  1. THANK YOU FOR BLOGGING ABOUT OUR FANTASTIC WEEKEND! :) I LOVED IT TOO, AGREE THAT BATH IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING PLACE TO VISIT. I'M GETTING VERY EXCITED ABOUT THE WEDDING CAKE AND AM PUTTING A BOX OF BITS TOGETHER FOR YOU, INCLUDING RIBBON, VINTAGE TABLE CLOTH, ANTIQUE CAKE KNIFE AND SLICE ETC ETC.....WOOO HOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Bath is worth a visit. Seems like you were sitting on the wrong side of the room for that life drawing class ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey don't worry he moved around...alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of your pictures has the most beautiful table out of some kind of metal.............sighs............want one of those........but you live too far away.........sighs............love your cakes. I used to do cakes...and am trying to figure out what you use. I am in Independence, Missouri....too far for even a class ......sighs again. but they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete